Wednesday 10 April 2013

Darkroom Sketchbook

I really enjoyed the two weeks we spent using the darkroom. I felt it was the best learning experience so far. I loved the process of selecting a negative and following the process through from exposing it to developing the photo. It was a very enjoyable process. I've uploaded some photos from my darkroom sketchbook. These include contact sheets and sample test shots which I developed. 



The 4 Contact Sheets.
 


 

 

 

 
Some of the main shots I used in the class presentation.







 
Some test shots from my sketchbook. Photographic paper is expensive so in order to save on expense these are just small prints. They gave me an idea of exposure time and quality of photo so that I could choose which to work with on a larger scale.












 
I like this photo of a wooden pallet and traffic cone. Even though the subject matter is banal. I think the angle makes it interesting.

 
 
. . . .And of course there's always some photographic disasters.
These are the photos that didn't work out due to either over-exposure or bad timing in the developing process.

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment