Friday 1 March 2013

Conditional Approval Project

Week 1

Original Photograph


I felt this photograph represented the overall theme behind my idea for this project because it shows a stark contrast between the gritty, run-down urban side of life but the tree and greenery growing among the urban decay represents nature.
I wanted to manipulate the colour of this photo.
This lead me to further investigate the use of colour in relation to urban/rural surroundings. In my mind I can imagine a sort of urban/rural colour palette or moodboard consisting of reds, greens and yellows.
Below are some different colour saturations of the original photo made using photoshop




I love the green hues and deep reds that are highlighted. 


 In preparation for creating a woodcut of this photo I edited the colour once again this time simply changing it to black and white:




I really liked the work of Kiki Smith and wanted to reflect her style in my woodcut
Print of nature amidst the urban environment. Making the woodcut.







Unfortunately forgot to reverse the image so it's back to front.
I placed the monochrome prints on coloured paper for added effect.


No comments:

Post a Comment